- Wearable Technologies 2014 Slideshare
- On a Shoestring, India Sends Orbiter to Mars on Its First Try (nytimes)
- The Mars Orbiter Mission, or MOM, was intended mostly to prove that India could succeed in such a highly technical endeavor — and to beat China. As Mr. Modi and others have noted, India’s trip to Mars, at a price of $74 million, cost less than “Gravity,” the Hollywood movie. NASA’s almost simultaneous — and far more complex — mission to Mars cost $671 million.
- Google’s Niantic Labs introduces ‘missions’ to its location-based Ingress smartphone game
- Valve launches its Steam Music Player with free Half-Life and Portal video game soundtracks
- Facebook (Messenger) said it had more than 200 million monthly active users globally. That number is likely much higher now. In the US alone, its user base has grown 75% since then, according to comScore, to 67 million unique visitors in August. (QZ)
- Apple quickly releases iOS 8.0.2 to fix iPhone issues caused by the prior update
- Japanese Construction Giant Obayashi Plans to Build a Space Elevator by 2050
INFOGRAPHIC: You Won’t Believe How Many World-Changing Inventions Came From NASA
- Elon Musk’s Latest Venture: A Gigafactory for Solar Energy
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.