- The Global Competitiveness Index 2015–2016 Rankings (World Economic Forum)
Top 10 (Switzerland, Singapore, United States, Germany, Netherlands, Japan, Hong Kong, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom)
- Comcast’s NBCUniversal Invests Another $200 Million in BuzzFeed
- Facial-recognition apps use smartphone snapshots to verify identity of customers
- ‘Grand Theft Auto’ is so influential, the company’s stock just exploded after teasing a new game
- Netflix posted robust subscriber growth for the quarter, adding 370,000 net memberships in the U.S. and 3.2 million internationally, for a total of about 3.6 million. 86.7 million subscribers worldwide.
- Lessons Learned From Scaling Uber To 2000 Engineers, 1000 Services, And 8000 Git Repositories
- A recent CityLab report suggests that driverless car technology for evacuations might be a good solution for minimizing loss of life and the amount of destruction that occurs during hurricane season.
- Meet the Giant Robot That Builds Boeing’s Airplane Wings
- Airbus delivered the 10,000th plane.
- “… But as Schadt has learned, it’s not enough to plumb the depths of an individual’s DNA. It requires a universe of data—exabytes worth—to detect patterns in a population, apply machine learning, find the network of mutations responsible for disease, and do something about it. The bigger these data sets become, the more accurate and powerful the models and the predictors become…”
- Tesla Motors Inc. said it plans to charge buyers of its newest cars $8,000 to activate autonomous-driving technology (WSJ)
- Video : Full Self-Driving Hardware on All Teslas
- Microsoft Corp.’s cloud-computing businesses kicked into high gear as sales of the software giant’s Azure service more than doubled.
- AT&T Inc. is in advanced talks to acquire Time Warner Inc (CNN,HBO, Warner Bros), according to people familiar with the matter, a deal that would create a new hallmark in the rapidly converging realms of media, communications and the internet.
- Nintendo’s next console, Switch, is a console/tablet hybrid coming in March
Tablet system docks to connect to HDTV, comes with detachable controllers.
- Nissan’s autonomous chairs commence a public trial in Japan 2017
- A group of Japanese scientists from Kyushu University has successfully turned mouse skin cells into baby mice without the use of egg cells.
- Facebook Live broadcasting up 4X since May, gets TV and outdoor promo
- Microsoft Fiscal Year 2017 First Quarter Earnings Conference Call, Slides
- Researchers are using 3D motion capture to document kung fu before it disappears
- Who Should a Startup Hire First?