- Between 2011 and the third quarter of 2016, the percentage of tech deals with Chinese investment grew from 1.7% to 4.1%
- Airbnb in Talks to Buy China Rival Xiaozhu
- Amazon in Talks to Buy Dubai’s Souq.com in $1 Billion Deal
- Skyscanner acquired for £1.4 billion by China’s Ctrip
- Twitter: The % of mobile-only shoppers is astonishing. 50%+ for many of the top 15 retailers.
- Twitter: Two-thirds (CEOs) said they believe technology will create greater value in the future than their workforce will, and 44% believe that automation, artificial intelligence and robotics will make people “largely irrelevant” in the years to come.
- Twitter: Friday through Dec 25, estimated 1,500,000,000 packages will be delivered in the US by UPS+FEDEX+USPS (source: @parcelpending via @CNBC)
- Stripe Inc., whose software is used by businesses to accept and track digital payments, will be valued at $9.2 billion in a new funding round that is being completed, the company said.
- Universities’ AI Talent Poached by Tech Giants (Google, Baidu, Facebook lure away top computer science researchers responsible for training students)
- Google Brain AI is now using its own language to translate between languages
- Apple raked in a record 91 per cent of all smartphone profits in the third quarter
- Japan plans supercomputer to leap into technology future
- In the future, will farming be fully automated?
- Tesla hires HoloLens designer, second Microsoft employee from the augmented reality program
- Voice search has created a huge vulnerability at the heart of Google’s business
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.