- What If Your EV Could Power Your Home During a Blackout?
- Apple reports fourth quarter results
- Obama reading list on AI
- Boox’s latest e-readers combine quiet, compact styles with big customization
- Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt Bets AI Will Shake Up Scientific Research
- Rocket Lab targets late 2024 for private Venus mission launch
- ChatGPT: Timeline
- Microsoft warns it may ‘throttle’ its generative AI services for ‘excessive’ users
- Joe Rogan’s big decision
- Mint is shutting down, and it’s pushing users toward Credit Karma
- The False Dichotomy of Monolith vs. Microservices
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says AI is a fundamental technology, confirms investments in generative AI
- Deft is building e-commerce search to help you find the right product quickly
- DoorDash adds new safety tools for its delivery people, including ‘driving insights
- Chrome not proceeding with Web Integrity API deemed by many to be DRM’
- Amazon made $1 billion through secret price raising algorithm
- NASA just patched Voyager 2’s software but spared Voyager 1 the risky rewrite
- Disney to acquire remaining stake in Hulu for expected $8.6 billion
- LinkedIn hits 1 billion members
- Apache Pulsar – Cloud-Native, Distributed Messaging and Streaming
In 2008, Google Maps launched in India.— Elizabeth Laraki (@elizlaraki) October 31, 2023
But we quickly ran into a problem:
Nobody used street names.
And street names were the foundation of Google Maps.
The team had to make some big adaptations.
15 years later, the changes have stood the test of time.
Here's how the team… pic.twitter.com/YfxzxzdyxB
Proxy Vs reverse proxy— Bytebytego (@bytebytego) October 29, 2023
A forward proxy is a server that sits between user devices and the internet. A forward proxy is commonly used for:
– Protect clients
– Avoid browsing restrictions
– Block access to certain content
A reverse proxy is a server that accepts a request from… pic.twitter.com/lG7NtXwrCZ
𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗶𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗹-𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁-𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻— Dr. Milan Milanović (@milan_milanovic) November 5, 2023
Long Polling, WebSockets, and Server-Sent Events (SSE) are different techniques to implement real-time communication between a client (typically a web browser) and… pic.twitter.com/V7LNpI0lQw